We’ve all been victims of boredom. We think there’s “nothing to do” and we’re not quite sure how to keep busy and entertained. The next time it strikes, take a look at the list below for some easy time killers.
1. Rearrange your bedroom or living room.
2. Arrange the clothes hanging in your closet by color. In the process you might find some you want to donate, freeing up more space.
3. Arrange your books by color. It’s a unique way to present your bookshelf – as a colorful work of art!
4. Start a scrapbook. Print off all those digital photos and put them in an album with funny captions.
5. Take your dog (or cat) for a walk.
Photo by Ewen Roberts
6. Make a “thinking of you” card for someone. We all like getting something in the mail other than a bill once in awhile.
7. Write a letter (not an email) to a family member or friend.
8. Go through old high school yearbooks and look up long lost friends on Facebook.
9. Play Solitaire while listening to your favorite music.
10. Bake a delicious dessert or cook a healthy meal (Pinterest anyone?).
11. Start a 1,000-piece puzzle and see how much you can get done in just an hour.
Photo by Brad Montgomery
12. If you’re job-hunting, revamp your resume. If you’re not job-hunting, get some work done early.
13. Write out a plan of where you would like to be in exactly one year and the steps you’ll take to get there.
14. Paint one wall (to be the “accent” wall) of your living room or bedroom.
15. Clean out your car.
16. Try a new restaurant for dinner. Go alone or with friends.
17. Take a long bubble bath with candles, music, the works! Don’t forget to lock the door!
18. Peruse the bookstore and buy the first book that grabs your attention.
19. Take a half hour to do some yoga exercises.
20. Take a nap!